Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Glenville Queen Diner - Glenville, NY

Today my sis and I decided to go to the Glenville Queen Diner for a late breakfast/early lunch. 

Glenville Queen Diner
210 Saratoga Road
Scotia, NY

We arrived there about 11:00am and were greeted by a very friendly hostess. She seated us at a window seat in a nice roomy booth. The Glenville Queen also has tables and a diner bar along with the many booths. 
Our waitress came right over brought us water and asked if we wanted something to drink. I ordered coffee which she brought over very quickly and it was nice and hot!

She gave us a few minutes and then we ordered a breakfast sandwich and a meatball sub. We also decided to get a cinnamon horn to split.

My breakfast sandwich was delicious and hot. The roll was soft but crusty on the outside. It has a fried egg, cheese and bacon. You can also choose ham or sausage. The homefries were soft and a bit crispy and seasoned perfectly! Yummy!
My sisters meatball sub was also delicious. It had melted cheese on top of a large crusty sub roll and 3 large meatballs! I tried it and the meatball was very tasty.
The waitress asked us if we wanted our cinnamon horn toasted and we said yes. It was a little "bit of heaven", sooooo good. Cinnamon-ny and sugary with flaky pastry! So Good! The gave us little pats of butter to put on it. Which we did, but it was so good with or without the butter!

The Glenville Queen has the most amazing desserts, pies and cakes. They have a revolving case to show them off as you walk in the door. I've gotten the Coconut Cream Pie before and it is beyond fantastic!


Overall the diner is very clean, bright and cheery! I would recommend a window seat if you can get one! They have two bathrooms one near the booths and one in the main dining room. I tried the one in the main dining room and it was very clean and well stocked. The other bathroom had a broken stall door.

This diner serves lots of regulars and groups of diners (seniors) who come there to eat and socialize. The staff are very friendly and accommodating! Their bus boys are fantastic; quick and thorough! 

Here I am...
Here is my sis....

If I were to rate this Diner, I would give it a 5 out of 5. (5 being the best and 1 being the worst)

heidi






1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing! I definitely believe you when you say it is that good just based on your descriptions alone. I hope you get to taste more of their desserts on your future visits. May you have more happy diner finds in the future!

    Black Bear Diner

    ReplyDelete